step into...

your soon-to-be favourite music portal, think friendster, myspace, facebook, ringo, multiply and such... all but none of that stuff!

we are the dancing element in Bollywood movies. we are the RM1.60 toll on any goddamn KL road. we are the flying+toppled+burning car accident on federal highway. we are the curry to roti canai. we're Ron Burgundy's mustache.

just like music to anyone's soul, we're significant.


Zigs Picks

Ziggawahwah

Shout it out to us here!

Ziggg Us!

Wanna get personal?
Then Zigggg us with an email!
zigsmusix@gmail.com



Local Focal

It's that time of the week and although we generally loath Mondays, take comfort in the fact that Mondays mean new week new Zigs Flava of da Week! Yaaaay!!


This week, it's LOCAL FOCAL...

Who do we like locally?? Hmm....hmmm...hmmm...

I'd have to say, one band that always makes me turn up the radio and feel generally happy-clappy would be:


Estrella
I first saw this band live about a year ago. Again, late in the game but hey, I was outta the country and very clueless about the whole local scene. Until, that is, I heard this band on the radio. In fact, I didn't think they were local...then I saw them perform and I was even more enamoured.
In my clueless state, I was told that this band sort of subscribe to the brand of music called *shoe-gazing*. I am told it is very popular. Think ambient, dream like sounds inspired by the likes of Cocteau Twins and My Bloody Valentine and probably a bit of The Verve and Suede thrown in for good measure.
Estrella's sound though, is less abrassive. Lead singer Liyana's voice too has that heaven-sent quality to it. You bet your boots this girl has everyone falling over her too seeing as there aren't too many pretty girls with nice voices lurking around in your average mamak stall being nicer than nice.
They describe themselves as a brief respite from a headache-y traffic jam. I gotta say, it's TRUEEEE...I do get all comfy and dreamy when I hear them on the radio....gush gush.
Check them out!
Dates for upcoming gigs will be up soon!!!
Which reminds us:
All you local musicas...If you have any gig/event you want a shout out to, then email details to:

2 comments:

jacky hussein said...

I listen to Estrella when I still with Advertising Agency.. During that moment, they're trio band and always played acoustic instead of big band like now.. Kudos to Jeff (the drummer) who act, responsible make-over the band and I must say, the band making lotsa fans all over town. Err..but i don think they are shoe-gazing band..the don't look like it coz the music sound direct..

Aishah said...

i think Estrella's great and the girl's cute-looking. so that formulates to a promising band. hehe