step into...

your soon-to-be favourite music portal, think friendster, myspace, facebook, ringo, multiply and such... all but none of that stuff!

we are the dancing element in Bollywood movies. we are the RM1.60 toll on any goddamn KL road. we are the flying+toppled+burning car accident on federal highway. we are the curry to roti canai. we're Ron Burgundy's mustache.

just like music to anyone's soul, we're significant.


Zigs Picks

Ziggawahwah

Shout it out to us here!

Ziggg Us!

Wanna get personal?
Then Zigggg us with an email!
zigsmusix@gmail.com



Fave local band: Damn Dirty Apes

I'm writing this as I'm listening to my favourite song from them, Rebel Scum. 

DDA was phenomenal. They were short-lived, but i think their existence left a permanent memory to many local music followers circa '99/2000. saw them live once, met the members a couple of times too... the guys from Penang have now parted ways and scattered all over the world. first time listening to them... it blew me away. it was all instrumental yet full of emotions. some people say they sound like Mogwai, but for a local band i think they're still pretty good. 

wonder what are these guys up to now?



click to have a piece of DDA in your iTunes. 
Damn Dirty Apes - The Rebel Scum

4 comments:

DJMAILERDAEMON said...

yo whats up! its Mailer Daemon Sina from Damn Dirty Apes! thanks for the post! check out what ive been up too blackgallant.com and myspace.com/blackgallant peace yall! thanks again for the post!

Aishah said...

thx sina. what a surprise! i know you! haha
keep on supporting our blog!

danielkrane said...

i hope i get right...
aish, thats u kan? hehe
D.D.A was it!
from the late 99s, through 2000, till the early part of 2001 at least!
these guys were the pioneers of space rock, as us kids would have labelled it back then. they were awesome! they were a brand!
admire your taste, and congrats on having one of the members post a comment on your page =D

Unknown said...

Hello. I am Paul, the white guy who was in DDA for a time.
A friend sent me the link to your site and I was amazed and honoured and touched and all other silly english things that something I was a part of is remembered and liked. I don't know about the other guys but this means a lot and I appreciate your support. I miss Malaysia it is a truly beautiful country with the best people on earth. I am lucky to have been there.
I am up to no music at the moment. I did something with a friend of mine called duncan 3 songs of which you can hear at www.myspace.com/postmeatape. Thanks for writing sir, peace!