step into...

your soon-to-be favourite music portal, think friendster, myspace, facebook, ringo, multiply and such... all but none of that stuff!

we are the dancing element in Bollywood movies. we are the RM1.60 toll on any goddamn KL road. we are the flying+toppled+burning car accident on federal highway. we are the curry to roti canai. we're Ron Burgundy's mustache.

just like music to anyone's soul, we're significant.


Zigs Picks

Ziggawahwah

Shout it out to us here!

Ziggg Us!

Wanna get personal?
Then Zigggg us with an email!
zigsmusix@gmail.com



First Track.

Me, excited to type my inaugural post on zigs (a project we've all been working on a year, in our heads) I must admit it's worth the bruise I got from hitting my knee against my computer table a few seconds ago. We all are enthusiastic over something. We all are interested in something. Sometimes, what we swore we'll never be interested in oddly becomes something we're suddenly so enthusiastic about.


Ironically, I've heard 'Hanging by a moment' repeating on the radio a couple of times in the year 2000 and I couldn't be bothered, I mean who would if you were a 16 year old teenager pathetically dancing to 'Hit me baby one more time...." in the mirror. There were moments I turned on MTV to mimic more Britney dance moves, but all that came on was this shabby looking dude with floppy blonde hair, sitting at some cheesy diner looking like a wannabe rockstar strumming his guitar. And suddenly... that big voice came out of nowhere. It was 'Hanging by a moment' AGAIN! I sat there with annoyance telling my sister "This guy's voice doesn't sound like it belongs to him and he looks so silly with his unrockstar-like floppy hair!argh!WANNABE!!!" I don't know why I was so infuriated at that moment but that was...Jason Wade of Lifehouse I was condenming right there, right through my teeth.

Believe me that wasn't the only moment of hatred I had. There was more abhorrence for that, that wannabe fella! And just when you're thinking of something bad about someone...something unusually special sparks your interest about them. I sat down this time with full of amazement, hooked to the tv screen as if I were inside that same cab, walking the pavements, staring at people on the streets in Jason Wade's mind. I felt like I found my first "love" when I listened to 'Breathing' that was playing on MTV. I didn't know how it felt in my head but all I know was my heart was chained by thoughts that I kept a distant all this while. The song is totally beautiful, the emotions were the first I've ever felt in a song, in a voice, in any words...I knew from that moment on "I LOVE THIS BAND!"

The day after, I just had to look for the cd and with all pride and joy purchased it with my own $$$$! Since then, No Name Face was on repeat in my cd player and I was indeed in love. I never knew how loving music could be like a miracle and that same floppy-haired dude ultimately changed my perception of him not by his looks but his music and total honesty. How can one feel so much passion and share the same thoughts as me? But I think everyone feels the same as me if you've found your true love in music. As crazy as it may sound, Wade's like my soulmate when it comes to music from the way he writes.

This year has been my luckiest. My dream to see my ultimate #1 rocking band came true. I thought I'd fly off to the states when I'm at least richer, married, elderly and unattractive just to see them. Guess what? I was wrong because I saw them in concert twice this year!!! I tell you it's just unforgettable to see that band, that someone you believe to be an inspiration of some sort serenading to you right there, in reality and I cried. How could that one guy I dissed 8 years ago give my stomach a spinning washing machine whirpool effect and send my neurons to hyperdrive with just...his music?

From his whole sad life story which I could go on into a series of drama to that sexy raspy vocal line with oh-so-mesmerising melodies and despite the change of lineup, I have my reasons for making them the first ever and only band I love on my list. Until this day Lifehouse and Jason Wade remain undefeated in my books no matter how pathetic you may think I am. I guess if the bad comes first before the good, there must be something special to make you open up your eyes and believe that there will be something to look forward to, even if you might just not know it yet. In one of my favourite tracks Empty Space, Jason explains, “This is about the good and the bad, the struggle between beauty and darkness and how they’re intertwined. What keeps these relationships together is often what drives them apart.”
He must be something special as his T-shirt print "Specials" said, the one he wore when I watched Lifehouse performing in Manila.

2 comments:

poetic hummingbird said...

i'll post up the tee pic in a bigger size soon so you all can see ;)

OLD BLOSSOM BOX said...

yippey yeay! congrats guys...