step into...

your soon-to-be favourite music portal, think friendster, myspace, facebook, ringo, multiply and such... all but none of that stuff!

we are the dancing element in Bollywood movies. we are the RM1.60 toll on any goddamn KL road. we are the flying+toppled+burning car accident on federal highway. we are the curry to roti canai. we're Ron Burgundy's mustache.

just like music to anyone's soul, we're significant.


Zigs Picks

Ziggawahwah

Shout it out to us here!

Ziggg Us!

Wanna get personal?
Then Zigggg us with an email!
zigsmusix@gmail.com



First is First

Hello hello hello!

Welcome to our uber-duber blog!

Obviously we were smart enough to realise one fine day that many of us out here need a place to just sit down, relax and read about all that's inane and mundane about music.

So here we go, this is meant to be a portal...yes, portal for us to vent, to spout with clout if you will on all that's music, fashion, yummy, scrummy, and dare we say it, cool in the World of We ( your friendly neighbourhood Zigs slavettes).

First is First... and the first band I really listened to as in, properly, lyrics and all, were...














Notice: It was also due to the fact that I had a massive crush on Alex James that I bothered at all with Parklife (which is also the first Britrock album I ever owned). A little late in the game but hey, I was 11 and still practicing Michael Jackson moves.

(Years later, in a close encounter somewhere in Soho, London, I would smile a goofy smile at the man himself thinking he was a former uni-mate with a cool scarf. He smiled back of course and it wasn't till seconds later that I realised he was the man of my childhood groupie dreams and let our a a magnanimous squeal. EEK!)

But listening to Girls & Boys on cassette whiled away many an afternoon and spurned many androgynous thoughts at the wee age of 11. It gave me a sense of belonging to something, a sense of rebellion against something I couldn't quite understand but wanted desperately to rant at. Little was I to know on the other side of the world, Britpop/rock would define the landscape of music in the 90s and give all tweens like myself a bigger purpose in life. It gave us a purpose. Britpop had something to say. It was about identity. Ah yes. Such revolution.

Ah Damon, now you've turned yourself into a graphic, Graham, you're on the radio, Dave, you're going to space and Alex..lovely Alex, you're a farmer...Oh well, you all were my First...

3 comments:

Aishah said...

who's tht guy with the emo hair at the bottom??? explain the basket of fruits...?

poetic hummingbird said...

hahaha! i like the guy carrying the basket of fruits =p
good job!

kookie said...

that's my boy alex james la...he's an organic farmer now :(